- 8 ears of corn
- 2 pounds of yellow summer squash (medium large, so 3 pieces)
- 6 ounces of basil (which is a lot!)
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1.5 pounds of carrots (plus some extra)
- as much lettuce as wanted (which was three small heads, one Boston, one red Boston, one green leaf)
- 9 ounces of cucumber (which was two cukes)
- a big bunch of parsley (which tastes of Passover garnish and tabouli; suggestions for use welcome, or let me know if you have a use for it)
- a bunch of green kale
- two orange tomatoes (plus 2 extra for being towards the end of the distribution)
- a bunch of beets with their greens (I chose golden, for that one and the end-of-distribution bonus bunch)
- a bunch of red onions (and a second for end-of-distribution bonus)
- a third of a pound of oyster mushrooms
First thoughts: tomato-corn salad with basil, and chives from the porch, possibly with some lime juice.
kale and beet greens sauted with onion, potato, egg, and some interesting spices.
star anise pickled carrots, or perhaps some with the last of the garlic scapes and dill.
sauted onions and mushrooms with roasted summer squash (and feta if I had any, or can face the walk to Trader Joe's in this punishing head + humidity).
not sure yet what to do with the golden beets; I like their color better raw, but flavor and texture are better when cooked.